11 Effective Home Remedies for Acidity
Naturally, the human body slightly acidic, the pH ideally on the human body is about 6.0 to 6.8. If the body has a pH below 6.3, this means at the acid side. Physical condition where there has been chemistry imbalance and the body is too acidicis called acidosis or acidity. Symptoms of acidosis such us frequent sighing, water retention, diarhea and alternating constipation, insomnia, eyes recessed, migraine and headaches, arthritis, blood pressure become abnormally low, strong perspiration or acid, hard and dry stools, stools smelling foul and the anus feel burning, halitosis, mouth and/or under the tongue feel burning, difficult to swallowing, teeth become sensitive to acidic fruits and vinegar, there are bumps on the roof of the mouth or tongue.
Acidosis is classified in two types that are metabolism and respiration. Respiratory acidosis occurs when the body can not control the acid, thus causing excessiveacid or alkaline (base) depleted. It happens when the lungs can not clear the carbon dioxide. Respiratory acidosis could be caused by bronchitis, airway obstruction or asthma.
Metabolic acidosis happen when the acid-base balance in the the body affected by changes in body chemistry, resulting in over quantity of acid that contained in body fluids. Alkaline base in body can be drained by several conditions such as metabolic disease, renal failure, diabetes mellitus and the use of aspirin in high doses.
Other factors may include peptic ulcers, adrenal and liver disorders, improper diet (read it Acid Reflux Diet and Foods to Avoid), obesity,fever, malnutrition, ketosis, stress, anger, fear, toxemia, anorexia, and consumption vitamin C and ofniacin in high doses. There are some home remedies for acidity you can take to relive your acidity problem.
Here are some useful Home Remedies for Acidity
- Use willow, hops and elder bark for acidosis.
- Externalky, use ginger compress to the area around the kidney.
- Do not eat overindulge and slowly chew food. Ensure food is mixed properly with saliva for forming the liquid consistency prior toingesting. Do not take fluids during meals.
- Consume potato broth daily.
- Heartburn and stomach upset could be the consequence from unwell food digesting. If you feel heartburn, drink a glass of water mixed with two teaspoons of cider vinegar to relieve heartburn. This may cause you to feel burning when swallowing it, but then you will feel relieved afterapproximately 20 minutes. If this method works, it means that you do not have enough acid in your tummy and cidervinegar compensate to these insufficiency. In this case, you may need to take supplements which contain digestive enzymes acid chloride (HC1). Stomach acid is essential to destroying food, and also avoid the bacteria of intestinal irritation.
- Save the food in a clean place, wash thoroughly and cook carefully before consuming it. Keep vegetables and meat in separate places, so that the vegetables are not contaminated by raw meat bacteria. Do not cook vegetables too long, because it can cause reduced nutritional content. Avoid eating at night, this can cause the body to work harder and less on restoration.
- By using pH paper, check the pH of your urine routinely every day.
- Avoid consumption of animal protein, especially pork and beef, because both can increase the acidity.
- Avoid consuming beans, crackers, cereals, eggs, grains, flour products, macaroni, oily foods, and sugar. Plums, cranberries and prunes do not oxidising and thus remain acidic body, so, avoid this until the condition either.
- Meal 50 percent raw food diet. Raw foods are useful for maintaining proper acid / alkaline balance in your body, they also contain nutrients that can be assimilated into your body easily. Vegetables foods that recommended as home remedies for acidity include apples, bananas, avocados, bilberries, grapefruit, blackberries, grapes, pears, lemons, strawberry, pineapples etc.
- Reduce your intake of vitamin C, because vitamin C can causing acidosis. Choose the type of vitamin C with non-acid-forming if you need to consume vitamin C.